Babson College, Wellesley, MA
Alumni Softball Field
Alumni Field is the home of the highly-successful Babson softball team. Originally built prior to the inception of the program in 1987, the field has undergone major renovations in recent years, making it one of the finest softball complexes in New England. As a result, the facility was selected at the host site of the NCAA Division III Tournament Regional Championships in 2005 and 2006.
Alumni Field is a fully-enclosed facility with an impeccable natural grass surface and a clay infield. The outfield dimensions are 190' down the left field line, 210' to straightaway center, and 190' down the right field line.
Alumni Field includes a number of features that make it one of the region's top softball facilities. These features include:
- Two 26-foot long dugouts with protective fencing, a permanent bench, cement floor, bat and helmet racks, and coat hooks and shelving running the length of the back wall
- A bullpen for pre-game warm-up located down the right field foul line
- An 8-foot warning track in the outfield
- Bleacher seating along both baselines
- A permanent batting cage located in foul ground beyond the left field wall
- A second-story press box located above the home dugout on the first side. The press box seats up to 10 people is accessible to opposing sports information and media personnel upon request.
- An electronic LED scoreboard located beyond the center field wall
- A portable sound system with PA controls located in the press box
- A 100' by 100' tarpaulin that protects the infield against inclement weather
Directions & Parking
Alumni Softball Field is located on the Babson campus as part of the Upper Fields area. From the main entrance, follow College Drive to the second stop sign. Turn left at the stop sign and bear left toward the Webster Center when the road splits. Visitor and student parking is available on the garage roof on your right. More visitor parking is available beyond the tennis courts on your left. From there, follow the paved walkway to the right of the Webster Center towards MacDowell (Turf) Field. The softball field is located behind the turf, adjacent to the Isbrandtsen practice field and the Hartwell-Rogers Soccer Field. Handicap parking is also available in the Coleman parking lot behind the softball field. To reach the Coleman lot, follow College Drive to the three-way stop and turn left onto Map Hill Drive. Follow Map Hill around the back side of campus, bearing right at the Olin College gate. Coleman will be the last lot on your left as you approach the Babson Globe.